Our Privacy Notice details the personal data we may collect about you during your interactions with us. It will also detail how we store and transmit your data and ensure it remains safe.
The privacy of our customers’ data is something that’s particularly important to us here at Within the box Ltd, and this web site www.safewithinthebox.co.uk. We are proud to take every step we can to ensure we comply with the UK’s DPA 2018 and the EU’s GDPR 2016.
We may occasionally update this Privacy Notice; we’ll let you know by email if it changes significantly.
Last updated: 2nd September 2020
Explaining the legal bases we rely on
We collect your personal data for a number of legal reasons:
- Consent – for example, if you have selected to subscribe to our e-mail newsletter.
- Contractual obligations – for example, when passing your address details to a courier in order to dispatch an order you have placed with us.
- Legal compliance – for example, we may pass on details of customers engaging in criminal activity to assist law enforcement.
- Legitimate interest – for example, we may analyse order data in order to provide a better shopping experience for our customers.
When do we collect your personal data?
- Getting in touch with us by phone, email or the enquiry form
- Placing an order with us
- Registering an account with us
- If you choose to receive promotional material from us by checking the checkbox during registration or checkout
- If you write a review on our website
- If you enter one of our competitions
- For analysis and performance tracking purposes
- Engaging with us on social media
- Fraud prevention and crime monitoring
- Promotions and advertising we place on our website or on the web
What sort of personal data do we collect?
Web Browser User Agents
(From Safe Within The Box Limited)
How do we protect your personal data
We’re committed to ensuring we follow industry-standard security and privacy practices. We utilise the following methods and technologies, among others, to help protect your personal data:
- Authentication (Usernames and Passwords)
- Authorisation (Permissions and Roles)
- Firewalls (IP Restrictions)
- Physical Access Control (Locks)
- Encryption (TLS)
How long will we keep your personal data?
For fraud prevention purposes, we may retain customer order data indefinitely in order to adequately assess the fraud risk of repeat orders. This does not, of course, include card details, which we do not store.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with any or all of the below partners and providers for the purposes of conducting business with you in accordance with the interaction you have undertaken with us.
Where your order is dispatched from the supplier. Please contact us for a complete list
Email delivery providers
Address lookup providersXero accounts
DHL, TNT Royal Mail Payment Providers
Local services, contact us for more details.
Fraud & Identity Checking
Finance & Employees
Other than the parties listed in the section below, all our partners and providers are based within the European Economic Area (EEA) and thus compliant with the relevant EU data protection laws. Your data as is safe with them as it is with us.
Where your personal data may be processed
Occasionally we may need to share your personal data with partners and providers outside of the EEA (European Economic Area), for example, this might be required in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services. If we need to do this, we ensure that your data is as protected as it would be if processed inside the EEA, with DPA’s (Data Processing Addendum) in place.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the following rights over your personal data:
- right to be informed of how and when we use your personal data
- right of access to the personal data we hold on you
- right to rectify any personal data we hold on you
- right to erase any personal data we hold on you, and to be completely forgotten
- right to restrict processing of your personal data
- right to data portability
- right to object to processing and remarketing using your personal data
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
You can stop direct marketing from us by the following methods:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email communication we send to you.
- Contact us, our customer service team will be happy to assist you with any query on your personal data.
- Write to us at our address at the bottom of this page
What cookies do we store?
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that we have incorrectly handled your data or have failed to satisfactorily handle your personal data request, you can file a complaint with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
- You can contact the ICO at 0303 123 1113.
Or visit www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window)
If you live outside the UK
You may contact the European Data Protection Board (the EDPB) within the EU, or your country’s relevant data protection regulator, if you have any concerns with our data processing and feel we have failed to adequately respond.
If you have any further questions on your privacy, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our customer services team and we’ll be happy to address your query.
Alternatively you can contact the Data Protection Officer at the details below:Within The Box Limited
Securities House,13 South View
044 (0)113 2824577